What is it?
ERP Service Management is a holistic set of IT processes and tools to effectively support a large scale ERP software solution. These processes and tools deliver the critical program functions to translate business architecture to software selection, control implementation governance and manage the long term sustainment of implemented solutions.
Adherences to a comprehensive ERP service management program will reduce program risk by ensure proper alignment of software products to business processes, provide greater visible and control of implementation, and position IT organizations for future enhancements/upgrades.
ERP implementations are the most expensive, time-consuming and complex efforts for any IT organization. Failed implementation stories are numerous. The reason for these failures are varied but a common theme is the miss-alignment of core business functions to key ERP features. Lack of implementation controls and inadequate post-implementation support strategy also plays a huge role in determining success.
A critical but commonly overlooked function of a successful ERP implementation is ERP Service Management. Service Management provides an IT organization the ability to successful plan, control and sustain large scale ERP software implementations.
Modus21 Specialties include:
- Alignment of business architecture to potential software solutions
- Evaluation of ERP vendors and supporting software solutions
- Program implementation governance and controls
- Processes and tools to sustain current software solution and prepare the IT organization for future enhancements and upgrades.
- IT (Business) Organizational Change Management